• Pala di Lorenzo Lotto
“La Crocifissione”
Church Santa Maria in Telusiano
A XIV century church thoroughly restored in the XVI century at the behest of Bishop Bonafede. On the high altar an outstanding Lorenzo Lotto’s altarpiece “La Crocifissione” commissioned by Bishop Bonafede, finished by the Venetian painter in the year 1531, considered an outstanding masterpiece of the acclaimed master of the Renessiance. A recent restoration of the church has brought it back to its former splendor. During the restoration interesting unidentified frescoes were discovered.


• Palace Fortress Bonafede
Stanza del Vescovo
The palace fortress Bonafede is the most important architectural masterpiece of Monte San Giusto commissioned by bishop Bonafede in the early 1500s.Il cortile richiama quello del palazzo ducale di Urbino. The courtyard was inspired by that of the Ducal palace of Urbino . In a room on the ground floor, known as “La stanza del Vescovo” to be admired frescoes attributed to Joannes Hispanus. Palazzo Bonafede is today Monte San Giusto’s Town Hall, a Municipal property bought in 1940 from the Conti Colli di Fermo . The Cine theatre hosts the permanent exhibition “ Collezione Maggiori”.


• Centro Maggiori
A precious collection of old drawings collected by Count Alessandro Maggiori an eminent cultural personality (1764 – 1834) donated to the Commune of Monte San Giusto in 1925. Following the institution of the Centro in the mid eighties, scientific studies and restorations on the drawings, attributed the collection to prestigious artists such as Vasari, Cavalier D'Arpino , Guercino , Domenichino and il Sassoferrato.

• Casina Bonafede
About 2 km from the town’s centre, area Campiglia, the Casina Bonafede a small fortified 16th century manor-house once summer residence of Bishop Bonafede. The manor now owed by a private resident has been masterfully restored.

• Church Collegiata
The “Chiesa Collegiata” , the church dedicated to Saint Stephen was built on an ancient church by the architect Vassalli, it opens for cult in the year 1781, it conserves a fresco of “La Madonna del Latte” XIV century , a statue of the Holy Virgin of the XVI century and a XVIII century Callido organ. As well as frescos of Pavisa (1927).


• Church of Sant’Agostino
The deconsecrated church and monastery of Sant’Agostino, a Municipal property, has been recently transformed into a popular housing estate and a school. A building of baroque structure, suggested by its bold play of volume and void and its succession of forms. The bell tower is characterized by semi-circular decorative arcading of distinctive Lombard Romanesque architecture, reinforcing the theory that the church was built on an existent sacred building, though till today no valid documentation has been produced. The church has been recently converted into an auditorium.


• Church Panette
Santa Maria delle Panette, a suburban church of Vanvitelliano’s style, built by Gaetano Maggi in the year 1740. It holds an important icon of the apostles Jacob and John once belonged to an ancient confraternity stall where bread was distributed to pilgrims on their way to Loreto.


For further information on the Marche region please visit: